Friday, December 4, 2009

How do they make the NFL schedule?

I'm wondering if anyone knows how they do this each year. I'm no talking about who plays each other, I know that formula. I mean how they decide WHEN each game is played. I tried doing that for a fantasy league once and it's like a rubix cube - Each team has two more games to schedule but no two teams have an open week when both are free so you have to start shuffling games around. I'm wondering if they use some computer program (and could I get a copy HAHAHA)



How do they make the NFL schedule?nba jerseys





they factor traditions, previous season, tv, baseball conflicts



How do they make the NFL schedule?nba 2k8 ,nba teams



I think it all about television. Since they broadcast the games, I think in a way they choose the schedule of the team. For example, with NBC, the first Thursday night game always feature the Super Bowl Champions at home. So, whoever wins this year Super Bowl will play the first Thursday of September at home. Dallas and Detroit will always play at home on Thanksgiving Day, in even number years the an AFC Team comes to Detroit, in odd number of years a AFC Team comes to Dallas. Some teams, especially division games, are mostly played in December. I know this answer is not clear cut. I hope it helps a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria